Ultramarathons. What , why and how are the questions I'm most commonly asked. Hopefully you find some answers here from my own personal perspective. My other blog at www.mile27.com.au/blog is full of information on running and health and fitness in general.

Monday, 21 November 2011

Are Hill Sprints the best workout ever?

After getting slowly back into running over the last month I decided it was time to step it up a notch in today's run by sprinting up a hill a few times. Having done so I wish I had done it earlier. There can't be a better type of aerobic training to increase fitness, lose fat and tone up. One of the great things about hill sprints is that anybody from an Olympic athlete to a couch potato can do them. Whether you are training for a marathon, a hit of tennis, running around the football field or even just to get fit it's a great workout that gives fantastic results. If you want to get fit and shift some excess pounds quickly then hill sprints are tailor made for you.

To read the rest of this article click here.

No comments: